Presentation and conditions for the travel grants
The CALL for travel grants to ESOF2022 is dedicated to Postdocs working in the field of physics or in an interdisciplinary field of physics and who are based in Germany, irrespective of their nationality.
The Wilhelm und Else Heraeus-Stiftung in collaboration with EuroScience have opened a call for travel grants to cover young researchers’ cost of travel, registration, and accommodation to attend ESOF2022 in Leiden, the Netherlands.
Who can apply?
Please be aware of the following eligibility criteria of the call:
- PhD candidates or Post Docs – based in Germany irrespective of their nationality
- Working in the field of physics or a related interdisciplinary area
- Proficient in English
To apply for a travel grant, a candidate will need to send a CV of 2 pages (name five most important publications), motivation letter and the following fill out form (to be downloaded and completed) to travel.grants(at)euroscience.org
When submitting the application for travel grants, you agree to the full acceptance of the rules and to the decision taken by the Selection Committee.
The deadline for applications for travel grants is May 15th, 2022 CET.
Selection and decision
The selection of candidates will be based on the curriculum and the motivation letter. A decision is taken by the Selection Committee, which is appointed by EuroScience in collaboration with the Wilhelm und Else Heraeus-Stiftung.
An email of decision will be sent end of April 2022 to all candidates stating whether their application has been selected.
Obligations of grantees and payment conditions
- Grantees must confirm by email to travel.grants(at)euroscience.org that they accept the travel grant.
- Once ESOF2022 has ended, grantees ought to draft a report (max 2 pages) with their personal impressions and list sessions they visited.
- Grantees can also be asked to do a photo/video report of their stay.
- The registration, travel and accommodation expenses concerning the ESOF2022 will be reimbursed by EuroScience on presentation of receipts up to a maximum total of 600€ each.
- All expenses covered must be in accordance with the travel claim form issued by EuroScience.
For questions related to the call please contact travel.grants(at)euroscience.org