16.000 academics call for financially strong and independent ERC In an open letter, leading scientists and university leaders called upon the EU Presidents and the Heads of States and Governments in Europe to secure funding for the European Research Council (ERC) in the next long-term EU budget.
The petition letter is supported by 16.000 signatures from academics.
The signatures will now be sent to the EU presidents von der Leyen, Michel and Sassoli, and the EU Member States’ Ministers responsible for Research.
Among noteable supporters are important stakeholders for European Research:
• 16 048 academics from 94 countries
• 4 University Associations and 54 leading European Universities
• 14 Nobel Laureates and other leading scientists and awards laureates
• Former and present leaders and members of ERC Scientific Council
• Science academies, organizations, and foundations
• The Association of ERC grantees