PL1.4 – Thursday, July 14, 16:00 – 17:00 CEST, Hybrid onsite Stadsgehoorzaal (Main Stage) and online
From vaccines to climate change, we need science and scientists more than ever to make sense of the world around us and to tackle future crises. To help achieve this goal, the European Research Council (ERC) launched the Public Engagement with Research Award to encourage scientists and scholars to engage with audiences beyond their fields of research.
The award is a way to recognise and celebrate ERC grantees for engaging with other audiences and bridging the gap between science and society.
There are three prizes of € 10,000 each that will be awarded in three categories:
- Involve (citizen science)
- Inspire (public outreach)
- Influence (media and policy)
Mr Tony Lockett, Head of Communications at the ERC Executive Agency, will be the Master of Ceremonies, and the award ceremony will have a series of special guest speakers, including:
- Dr Robbert Dijkgraaf, Minister of Education, Culture and Science, Netherlands
- Ms Mariya Gabriel, European Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth (video message)
- Prof. Maria Leptin, ERC President
- Prof. Eveline Crone, ERC Vice President
A jury will select the three winners and their names will be announced at the ERC’s award ceremony during ESOF2022 on July 14 at 16:00 CEST (onsite at the Stagsgehoorzaal and online).
More ESOF2022 Satellite Events