PL1.4 – Thursday, July 14, 16:00 – 17:00 CEST, Hybrid onsite Stadsgehoorzaal (Main Stage) and online
The European Research Council’s (ERC) Public Engagement with Research Award Ceremony 2022 will take place on 14 July 2022.
The Award aims to recognise ERC grantees who make the effort to engage with audiences beyond the scientific community and do so in effective and original ways.
During this ceremony, a prize of €10,000 will be awarded to the best applicant in each of three different categories:
- Involve (citizen science)
- Inspire (public outreach)
- Influence (media and policy)
Mr Tony Lockett, Head of Communications at the ERC Executive Agency, will be the Master of Ceremonies, and the award ceremony will have a series of special guest speakers, including:
- Dr Robbert Dijkgraaf, Minister of Education, Culture and Science, Netherlands
- Ms Mariya Gabriel, European Commissioner for Innovation, Research, Culture, Education and Youth (video message)
- Prof. Maria Leptin, ERC President
- Prof. Eveline Crone, ERC Vice President
Stay tuned and find more information about the Award.