Doctoral education models – a discussion on how doctoral students should be educated
The education program is one of the “hottest” subjects raised at doctoral schools because it concerns not only the management staff of doctoral schools but also current and future postgraduate students and their supervisors. During the panel discussion, the deans and directors of Katowice doctoral schools and the head of the Polish National Association of Doctoral Candidates will talk about what the “ideal” education program at doctoral schools should look like; about the specificity of the education program in multidisciplinary doctoral schools (seeing that the University of Silesia); about how education in doctoral schools relates to the needs connected to future scientific activity and other areas of activity of future scientists; about the relationship between research and education and the relationship between the doctoral student and his/her supervisor in the new education system.
Speakers invited to the panel:
- Chairperson: prof. Alina Świeściak-Fast, University of Silesia in Katowice, Katowice
- Prof. Agata Stanek, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice
- Prof. Adam Maszczyk, Academy of Physical Education in Katowice, Katowice
- Prof. Marian Nowak, Silesian University of Technology, Katowice
- MSc Jarosław Olszewski, Polish National Association of Doctoral Candidates, Warszawa