About ESOF2022 Katowice
As part of the celebration of the European City of Science 2022, which is Leiden, Netherlands, from 13 to 16 July 2022 a science conference Euro Science Open Forum (ESOF) 2022 will be held in the city. At the same time in Katowice – a city preparing to accept the title of European City of Science 2024 – on 15 July 2022 a conference accompanying ESOF 2022 Regional Site is planned. The meeting will be held at the International Congress Centre.. Detailed information will be made available soon. If you have any questions, you can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The programme of the conference in the International Congress Centre in Katowice includes twelve 75-minute on-site sessions, four of which will be streamed online to Leiden. The sessions will be hosted by the universities forming the Katowice consortium of the European City of Science 2024, The representatives of Polish and foreign science centres, experts representing business, cultural institutions, and the media were invited to the discussion.
Katowice is the first city in Central and Eastern Europe with the title of European City of Science. The leader of the project is the University of Silesia in Katowice, which heads a consortium of universities in the region. Organisational support was declared by the authorities of the Silesian Voivodeship and Metropolis GZM. The title of European City of Science makes it possible to increase the involvement of the region’s inhabitants and scientific community in solving local and global problems. ESOF 2022 Regional Site is a platform for exchanging experiences and presenting the latest scientific achievements, innovations and technological developments.
During ESOF2022 Katowice you can listen to interesting discussions whose subjects have been presented below:
Theme: Sustainable Environment
- Whether UN Sustainable Development Goals support transitions – eagle in the cage
Theme: Sustainable academic careers
- Is Europe ready for an alternative model of university? A long and bumpy road for European University Initiatives
- Make brain, do not drain – facing the dilemma of scientific excellence
Theme: Freedom and responsibility of Science
- Can Science Save Ukraine? European Universities and Ukraine’s Post-War Transformation
- Be open – be scientist. Global transformation of science
- Be open – be scientist. Practice perspective
- Cyber challenges in the 21st century – Technology-driven transformation of privacy and security reality
- Cyber challenges in the 21st century – do the European policymakers get it right?
Theme: Cultural Identities and Societal transformations
- The Transforming Identity: Do we cross borders, or do borders cross us
Theme: Science and Business
- Education for entrepreneurship – creativity that brings value
Theme: Space for Science
- Bright side of the dark Universe
Theme: Healthy societies
- Live Life! Get the most of your time – Innovation in chronic disease prevention
Additionally, there are 3 accompanying events.
Meetings organised by the Marshall Office of the Silesian Voivodeship, representatives of doctoral schools from the whole Poland and scientific publishing houses will be held on 15 July at the International Congress Centre in Katowice. The subjects of these meetings have been presented below:
Marshals Office Meeting
- Local government for science
- Science for local government
Doctoral School Conference:
- Formal and legal side of organizing doctoral schools
- Doctoral education models – a discussion on how doctoral students should be educated
- Implementation doctorate
Publishing House Event
- Successful academic publishing