Terms and Conditions ESOF2022
These terms and conditions for delegates are valid for every person registered as a delegate, student/post doc or media to ESOF2022, to be held from 13-16 July 2022.
Only fully completed registration forms will be accepted. The registration will only be confirmed upon receipt of payment in full.
- To be able to register as a delegate, individuals must be at least 18 years old. Delegates may be asked to present an official identity card stating their age.
- To be able to register as a student/post-doc, individuals must be at least 18 years old and present proof of fulltime enrolment at a recognized university or college at both the time of registration and during the conference.
- To be able to register as a student, young/post doc, individuals must be between 18 and 35 years old.
Access for this category is not guaranteed, but is granted on a case-by-case basis.
Individuals who would like to request media access must submit the following credential to the ESOF2022 – Conference secretariat via our contact form:
- A copy of your current press badge.
A registration confirmation will be sent via email once the conference secretariat has received the fully completed registration, the related payment and any required supporting documents (with exception of media registration).
Methods of payment
We accept payments by credit card, bank transfer and iDEAL (Dutch participants). Any additional fees (e.g. bank charges) are at own expense. Payments need to be paid in full and only in EUR. Bank transfer or online payments are the only accepted forms of payment. All bank fees or credit card fees must be paid by the transmitter.
NOTE: No travel and accommodation will be reimbursed. No refunds for cancellations of online participations. Name changes are possible. Name changes are not accepted, unless the participant is from the same company. A handling fee of EUR 40 per registration will be charged for every modification received after 13 June 2022. All refunds will be processed after the conference.
Registration name change
Name changes are not accepted, unless the participant is from the same company. A handling fee of EUR 40 per registration will be charged for every modification received after 13 June 2022.
Letter of invitation
Letters of invitations required for VISA applications can be requested by sending an email to the conference secretariat. A letter will only be sent to those who have registered and paid their registration fee. Failure to acquire a VISA in time to travel is unfortunately not a valid reason for a refund of your registration fee.
Please note that notifications of cancellation of registration must be sent via our contact form.
- For cancellations received up to and including 13 May 2022, a cancellation fee of 25% will be charged.
- For cancellations received after 13 May 2022 no refund will be given, full amount required.
Cancellation of the conference
In the event that the conference cannot be held or is postponed due to events beyond control of the ESOF2022, and the conference organizers including force majeure or due to events which are not attributable to wrongful intent or gross negligence of the ESOF2022 and the conference organizers neither the ESOF2022 nor the conference organizers can be held liable by delegates for any damages, costs, or losses incurred, financial losses, etc.
Under these circumstances, ESOF2022 reserves the right to retain the entire registration fee to use for a future conference or to reimburse the delegate after deducting costs that have already incurred for the organization of the conference which could not be covered by third parties.
Modification of the programme
The ESOF2022 and the conference organizers reserve the right to modify the programme, which is published as indication.
Personal data will be collected, processed and stored by Congress by design (the “Processor”), on behalf of the ESOF2022 organizers, in its capacity as data controller, and shared with the ESOF2022 organizers. Congress by design will share registrant names with 3rd parties for the purpose of organising the Conference only.
Delegates’ personal data will be retained securely and under the applicable law, you may, at any time, request access to your personal data, as well as its rectification, erasure or limited processing, portability of your data, or oppose to the processing by written request addressed to the Data Controller through the contact form.
Congress by design does not give your personal information to anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- You would reasonably expect that your information will be passed on to the recipient as part of the provision of products or services to you ancillary to your registration for this conference;
- You have consented:
- It is required or authorized by law;
- It will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health;
- It is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
Extra covid clause
We recognise that for travellers from countries not connected to the EU DCC (Digital Covid Certificate) the entry requirements to and from The Netherlands can be subject to change. For those delegates we offer an extended cancellation policy, this means that in addition to the existing terms and conditions for registration the following refund options are applicable:
- Delegates that have registered and paid can cancel their registration with a full or partial refund (see below) if either of the following applies:
- The entry rules related to the COVID-19 pandemic, for The Netherlands are such that the participant is not allowed to enter The Netherlands OR the participant is required to (self) quarantine in The Netherlands upon arrival;
- The (re-)entry rules related to the COVID-19 pandemic, for the participant’s country of residence are such that the participant is not allowed to return to its country of residence or required to (self) quarantine upon arrival**.
If any of the above is the case, the Participant may cancel in writing. If the cancellation is received:
Latest on 13 May, 2022 participant will receive a full refund;
Latest on 13 June, 2022 participant will receive a refund in the amount of 75% of the amount paid.
** Delegate may be asked to provide information showing this.
For more information, please refer to the Dutch government website here.
The ESOF2022 and the conference organisers shall be held liable in the framework of a duty of care as a respectable business according to statutory provisions. The liability of the ESOF2022 and conference organisers – for whatever legal reason – shall be limited to intent and gross negligence. The liability of commissioned service providers shall remain unaffected by this. The delegate shall take part in the conference at his/her own risk. Oral agreements shall not be binding if these have not been confirmed in writing by the ESOF2022 and the conference organizers.
Click here for further information on the EuroScience copyright, disclaimer and privacy policies.