We are proud to announce the EuroScience Open Forum 2022 Opening Ceremony lineup!
On Wednesday, July 13 from 16:30 – 18:00 CEST in the Stadsgehoorzaal, Elisabeth van Nimwegen will present the opening ceremony. Henri Lenferink (Mayor of Leiden), Annetje Ottow (President of the Executive Board Leiden University), and Michael Matlosz (President EuroScience) will also welcome the delegates and kick-start ESOF2022.
During the opening ceremony the conference’s theme, Crossing Borders, Engaged Science, Resilient Societies, will be discussed by a selection of national & international speakers, including:
- Jean-Eric Paquet (Director-General in the Research and Innovation Directorate (RTD) of the European Commission);
- Kathleen Ferrier (Chairman of the Netherlands UNESCO Commission);
- Maria Leptin (President European Research Council);
- Salim Abdool Karim (Vice President for Outreach and Engagement, International Science Council);
- Pavlo Bazilinskyy (EYRA winner & Marie Curie Fellow from Ukraine, a postdoc researcher at TU Delft);
- Yousef Yousef (CEO LG Sonic);
- Marja Spierenburg (Professor of Anthropology of Sustainability and Livelihood at Leiden University);
- Aniek Moonen (Chair of the Young Climate Movement);
- Esra Erkal (Executive Vice President, Global Communications, Elsevier);
- Joeri van den Steenhoven (Executive Boardmember of University of Applied Sciences); and
- Michel van Agthoven (Lead Janssen Campus the Netherlands & Director External Affairs Netherlands).
Immediately following the Opening Ceremony there will be a Welcome Reception in the Pieterskerk, where there will be an informal meet&greet and delegates can get a sneak peek of the Exhibition.
There is still time to attend ESOF2022 including not only this amazing opening ceremony but ESOF2022 is also full of fascinating scientific sessions, an exhibition, and lots of networking events.
We are looking forward to welcome you.